Looking to get a leg up on the competition? App Radar’s Market Intelligence got you covered! Conduct in-depth competitor research to analyze the current market situation, identify winning patterns in competitor performance and apply them to your app marketing strategy. Stay up to date with market trends and one step ahead of your app competitors.
Your app competitors are not sleeping, and neither should you
Trusted by customers globally
Hard facts about app market research
smartphone users globally
apps available on the major app stores
spent on app install campaigns in 2022
The numbers speak for themselves, how strong the competition in the app market is.
But no worries, we know how to deal with it!
Make the right app marketing decisions with a trusted and affordable platform
“App Radar's Market Intelligence product is an invaluable source of market insight. From App Radar's platform, we can quickly and easily see how apps are performing across a huge range of categories. Different apps are simple to compare on the intuitive UI and, thanks to years of historical data, it is easy to see long-term trends. It's perfect for any business that wants to undertake deep market research, see how their competitors are performing or use app downloads to better understand wider customer behaviour.”
CEO of Old Street Communications
“App Radar helped us improve our game's ASO over a multitude of countries and languages greatly improving organic downloads with a much appreciated professionalism.”
Alex Le Mieux
Product Manager Mobile, Plug In Digital
“Rolling out your app to the world sometimes lets you lose sight of which markets to focus on. The App Radar Optimization Score really helps us keep an overview and set priorities.”
Stand out in a crowd of app competitors with App Radar help
Easily bring your app market and competitors’ data together with App Radar’s Market Intelligence
How to identify your mobile app market position across countries
Check out Competitor Overview
- Compare your app store performance against competitors
- Spot new competitors based on AI-powered suggestions
- Understand if competitors focus on organic or paid user acquisition
- Monitor who is getting the highest rating and store visibility
- Analyze competitors’ store listing creatives in one dashboard
How to discover emerging players and competitive threats
Check out App Downloads & Download Trends
- Stay ahead of the competition by monitoring new players entering the market
- Monitor global downloads of any app or developer and compare it with your performance
- Identify which apps and developers are leading per category
- Spot new potential competitors based on download growth data
- Analyze fluctuations in downloads and see if your category experiences similar peaks or drops over time
How to analyze category rankings and uncover app & game trends
Check out Category Rankings
- Identify countries in which competitors have a strong presence in your category
- Compare who is gaining popularity in your category over time
- Understand the impact of category rankings on your Browse Traffic
- Identify market trends and patterns for any app category in Apple App Store & Google Play Store
- Discover potential new markets to target your app
How to stay ahead of the curve with featured apps insights
Check out App Featurings
- Discover where competitor’s app and yours have been featured
- Track when your competitor’s app has been featured
- Compare the performance with competitors across countries
- Understand the impact of featuring on your Browse Traffic
- Set up featuring alerts to be notified when your app’s visibility increases or decreases
How to uncover competitors' ASO strategies
Check App Timeline on your Competitors
- Spy on competitors’ App Store Optimization activities
- Check when your competitors have made a new metadata update or released a new version
- Analyze the impact of implemented changes by checking the increase or decrease in downloads
- Uncover competitors’ App Store Optimization strategies
- Get inspired by competitors and adjust your findings to your app growth strategy
How to use competitor keywords for your own ASO strategy
Check out Competitor Keywords & Metadata Explorer
- Identify and track your competitor’s keywords
- Compare the performance of your tracked keywords with competitors
- Spot which competitor is most aggressive on specific keywords
- Detect your or competitors’ unique keywords
- Find out which keywords competitors use and how often in the metadata description
How to unleash competitors’ ad strategies
Check Ads Insights
- Check the keywords your competitors are running ads on in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Identify top bidders per keyword for every language
- Spot which competitors have the highest ad spend per keyword
- Discover which apps get the highest ad visibility per country
- Compare your app ad strategy with competitors
Unlock data to answer these questions
Why is it important to conduct app market research?
The app market is growing fast, new competitors arise, and existing ones change their strategies. You need to know who you compete with and how you stand against competitors. See what's working for competitors and get inspiration for your app marketing strategy. Conducting market research provides important information about your market and your business landscape.
When to do app market research?
If you want to stay ahead of the competition, it's essential to conduct regular market research. It gives you an understanding of the latest trends and market changes and helps you adapt your app marketing strategy accordingly. Conduct app market research: - before launching an app - when entering new markets - when choosing an app category - to find a new keyword set - to get creatives inspiration - when analyzing app traffic changes.
What are my app's competitors?
There are a few different ways to find relevant competitors for mobile app. One is to search for similar apps in the app store. It can be done by searching for keywords related to the app's functionality. Another way to find competitors is to look at other popular apps in the same category. Competitors could also be identified based on their amount of downloads.
How do I research the market for mobile app?
Try to understand your market position across countries. Discover emerging players and competitive threats based on download amounts compared to your performance. By looking at the category rankings, you get an idea of which apps & games are popular per country. Uncover competitors' ASO strategies and adjust your strategy accordingly. Unleash competitors' ad strategies and discover which apps get the highest ad visibility per country.
How can I spy on my app competitors?
Use the right tool! App Radar's Market Intelligence features help you to conduct in-depth competitor research to analyze the current market situation. You can identify the winning patterns across the market and apply them to your app marketing strategy. Get the edge you need to beat your competition!
Must-read on app market & competitors analysis
How to easily get app market insights
Before releasing your mobile app or starting your App Store Optimization strategy, it is crucial to understand the mobile industry. Competitor analysis is a must, but understanding the whole app market will help you plan your next steps.
Learn how to easily get app market insights
App competitor’s analysis of creative assets
For every second user, the app store aesthetic is a key factor in whether to download an app. The reason is simple: creatives drive emotions, and emotions drive decisions. To create catchy creatives, app marketers usually start by conducting app visual competitor analysis.
Learn how to analyze competitor’s creatives
5 essential factors in app competitor analysis
As an app developer, marketer, or publisher, you need to know who and what you’re up against at all times. Falling behind your competitors could mean certain death for your mobile app ventures. To avoid being left in the dust, make sure you’re evaluating these 5 very essential factors while performing a competitor analysis.
Learn about essential factors in competitor analysis